What is Dento-Alveolar Surgery?
Minor Oral Surgery involves surgical procedures carried out under local anaesthesia. Common surgical procedures performed are removal of impacted wisdom teeth (3rd Molars) and other procedures like surgical exposure of impacted teeth to aid in orthodontic tooth movement, bony ridge correction for denture construction, surgical resection of infected root tip , surgical removal of pathologies associated with teeth and surrounding structures , incision and drainage of oro-facial infections.
Minor Oral Surgeries are done under strict aseptic conditions with special attention to sterilisation of instruments. The patient undergoing these procedures are appropriately counseled prior. Patient generally steps out of the clinic the same day as these are OPD procedures with instructions and post-op medications for a week.
MINOR ORAL SURGICAL PROCEDURES INCLUDE
1. PERIAPICAL SURGERY / APICOECTOMY
2. BIOPSY – INCISIONAL / EXCISIONAL
3. SURGICAL BONY RIDGE CORRECTION/ALVEOLAPLASTY
4. INCISION AND DRAINAGE – FACIAL SPACE INFECTIONS
5. MINOR SALIVARY GLAND REMOVAL/MUCOCELE REMOVAL
6. MINOR SALIVARY GLAND REMOVAL/MUCOCELE REMOVAL